Today’s Bible Reading: Job 29-31
- He rescued the poor and the fatherless
- Made “the widow’s heart sing” with the help he gave to them
- He put on righteousness and justice
- He was eyes to the blind, feet to the lame.
- Helped the stranger whenever they came to him
- Did not look lustfully at other women
- Did not walk in falsehood; was truthful and treated people honestly in business
- Was faithful to his wife
- Did not rejoice over his great wealth or put his trust in it but in God alone
- Did not worship other gods
- Did not rejoice over his enemies suffering
- Walked in the light and not in darkness
Job did everything right and yet here he is. Again, that is why we need to be so careful in placing blame on another’s suffering for some sin in their life. We want to fit it all into a nice, tidy little box; that bad things do not happen to good people, but that is just not the way of it.